What is the Difference Between Nicotine and Nicotine Salt?
What is Nicotine?
Nicotine, also known as nicotine, is an alkaloid naturally occurring in plants of the Solanaceae family and is an organic compound. Nicotine accounts for about 0.6-3.0% of the dry weight of tobacco. Nicotine is not only present in tobacco leaves, but also in edible plants of the Solanaceae family, including potatoes, tomatoes, wolfberry, and eggplant, at ppb levels. These vegetables and medicinal materials are recognized as healthy foods that are beneficial to the human body. For this reason, as early as the 1990s, the World Health Organization vigorously promoted “nicotine replacement therapy” around the world for smoking cessation, replacing the nicotine obtained from cigarettes in the past, and helping people overcome their physical and psychological dependence on cigarettes. It more than doubles the success rate of quitting smoking. But because nicotine is so addictive, it needs to be used in a time-released form. Nicotine is a hygroscopic, colorless to yellow-brown oily liquid and is one of the important components of various tobacco products.
What is Nicotine Salt?
Nicotine salt is one of the main components of the current electronic atomization liquid. It is a compound formed by combining nicotine and acid. Although it is called salt, it is not a salt, but a crystal formed from a free nicotine-free base through an organic salt reaction. In a sample of commercially available nicotine salts, lactic acid, benzoic acid, and levulinic acid are the most common acids used to make nicotine salts, with benzoic acid being the most common acid used to make nicotine salts. The greatest significance of nicotine salt is to solve the problem of nicotine transmission efficiency in the blood. Ordinary “freebase nicotine” e-liquids are not ideal in trying to improve the blood nicotine input of e-cigarette devices, so it is difficult for e-cigarette users to obtain the same satisfaction as smoking, and nicotine salts have more penetrating power than “free nicotine” It is stronger and increases the level of nicotine that can penetrate into the blood within the same period of time, so it can provide a solution that is close to the absorption of nicotine into the blood from real cigarettes. At the same time, nicotine salt will not overly irritate the throat.
Why You Should Try Nicotine Salts (Nic Salts)？
1. Smoother throat hit: Nicotine salts are known for providing a smoother throat hit compared to regular nicotine. This is especially beneficial for those who find regular e-liquids irritating or uncomfortable.
2. Faster Nicotine Absorption: Nicotine salt is absorbed by the body faster than traditional nicotine, providing faster nicotine repair. This is especially helpful for smokers looking for a quick nicotine hit.
3. Higher Nicotine Concentration: Nicotine salts typically have a higher nicotine concentration, making them more effective at satisfying your nicotine cravings. This may be advantageous for those struggling to satisfy lower nicotine strengths.
4. Reduce vapor production: Nickel salts produce less vapor than regular e-liquids. This can make them more discreet and suitable for situations where large vapor clouds are not required.
Is Nicotine Salt Right for You?
Deciding whether nicotine salts are right for you depends on your personal preferences and vaping goals. Are you aiming for a more intense nicotine hit? Do you prefer a smoother throat hit? Are you looking for a more discreet vaping option? Here are a few factors to consider:
1. Nicotine Satisfaction: If you’re a current or former smoker who craves the smooth throat hit, higher nicotine concentration, and discreet vapor production that nicotine salts provide, they may be a good choice. However, if you prefer a larger cloud and more customization options, regular e-liquid may be a better choice.
2. Smoothness: If you find regular e-liquids irritating or uncomfortable on your throat, nicotine salts are known for their smoother throat hit, which may be more enjoyable for you.
3. Discretion: Nicotine salts produce less vapor than regular e-liquids, so they are more discreet. If you prefer a low-key vaping experience, Nic Salt may be for you.
4. Device Compatibility: Nicotine salts are typically used in small, low-wattage devices, such as pod systems. If you prefer a compact and portable vaping device, Nickel Salt may be a good choice.
What Does Nicotine Salt Taste Like?
Typically, most nicotine salts have a nicotine content of around 25 mg to 50 mg.
For beginners who are new to nicotine salts, it is recommended that they start with a dose of 20 mg to 35 mg unless they need to quit smoking and have strong nicotine cravings.
For those who like to vape low-strength nicotine while producing a good vapor, some manufacturers favor low-strength nicotine salts ranging from 3 mg to 5 mg per milliliter:
3 mg to 5 mg per milliliter:
Effective on sub-ohm cigarettes because of their low nicotine concentration. Compared to freebase nicotine, the taste of nicotine salt is smoother and less noticeable. For flavor lovers.
20 mg to 35 mg per milliliter:
It can be thought of as the average concentration of nicotine. It is suitable for vapers who cannot smoke 50mg of nicotine strength but still need a large amount of nicotine.
Above 50 mg per milliliter:
50mg/mL (or 5%) is considered the highest concentration of nicotine in e-cigarette juice, and if you are a heavy smoker or you still have strong nicotine cravings, you may find that higher nicotine concentrations are more satisfying. People are satisfied with it and it is recommended for people who want to quit smoking.
What Concentration of Nicotine Salt is Suitable For You?
The taste of nicotine salt varies from person to person and is subjective. Some vapers find that nicotine salts provide a smoother, tastier experience than regular e-liquid, while others may not notice a significant difference in flavor.
Nicotine salts are often formulated to be less harsh on the throat, which can enhance the overall flavor experience. A smoother throat hit results in better flavor perception because it doesn’t overpower the flavor of the e-liquid. This may be particularly appealing to those who find regular e-liquids too harsh or lacking in flavor.
However, it’s important to note that taste preferences are highly personal, and what one person finds interesting, another may not. It’s best to try nicotine salts for yourself to see if you find it tastes better or more satisfying than regular e-liquid.
FAQ of Nicotine Salts
How Long Do Nicotine Salts Last?
There’s no set answer to this question because everyone’s body reacts differently to nicotine salts. However, most people find that they last for around six hours.
Are Nicotine Salts Safe?
Nicotine salts are much safer than traditional freebase nicotine. They have less potential to cause addiction, withdrawal symptoms, or toxicity. They’re also safer for the people you’re around.
Can I use Nicotine Salts if I’m Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
No, nicotine can be harmful to unborn and nursing infants and should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Contact VECEE to Learn More About Nicotine Salts
Shenzhen Yocan Technology Co., Ltd. has been a leading healthy vaporizer manufacturer since 2013. We specialize in designing and innovating high-quality disposable vapes, pod systems, batteries, and other smoking products. It is to become an innovative electric vape pen and customized vape hardware technology company integrating R&D, design, manufacturing, and marketing.
Since 2013, Yocan’s business has expanded to more than 20 countries and 60 regions worldwide. Representative disposable vape products such as the VECEE FINO series, LUMOS series, ELLO series, NORA series, and KIKO series, and pod system products such as the MAZE series, MAZE SE series, and VTEC PRO KIT series are deeply loved by consumers. We have also established strong partnerships with major distributors from North America, Europe, Australia, South America, and the Middle East.
VECEE’s full range of products provides nicotine salts with concentrations ranging from 2% to 5%. For more information, please go to www.vecee.com.